Important information from the organising team
The Rider Information Pack (RIP) has now been loaded on to the Continental Ride page of the website. It is a condition of taking part in the ride that you download and read this before departure and you will be asked to sign a waiver statement confirming that you have also read the Risk Assessment into which the RIP is incorporated. (Details to follow.)
We wish to draw your attention to the following specific points, although this does not detract from the importance of all other points raised in the above mentioned documents.
• You must have your own travel and bike insurance sufficient for your needs.
• Please make sure that your bike is fully prepared for the journey ahead. If necessary, seek advice.
• As previously mentioned, all riders must have their own satellite navigation device.
• You need to have your own spare rear derailleur hanger for your bike. These are bike specific. If you cannot find the correct replacement hanger there is an alternative on Wiggle’s website:
LifeLine Emergency Rear Derailleur Hanger – http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-emergency-rear-derailleur-hanger/
It’s also on the their ebay store – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LifeLine-Emergency-Rear-Derailleur-Hanger-/111850663805
It fixes on using the nut provided to replace the standard nut on the end of the skewer. It’s a road-side fix that should take only 5 minutes and only needs the allen keys on the multi-tool that everyone should be carrying. There are other emergency rear derailleur hangers out there, but many still require a degree of compatibility with the frame. This one fits on top of the broken one and so should be compatible with any frame.
• Guy Rafferty will be offering some ‘top tips’ about the little extras you might like to take with you to make your ride experience a little smoother. Watch this space!
• Training rides scheduled for 26 June and 24 July
• 3 days of riding from Friday 8 July
Fundraising for Cancer Research UK
Just over 10 weeks to go and counting and many of you have yet to set up your Just Giving page. Here are the instructions for you to set it up.
1. Create your own CRUK JG page and close
2. Go to IL Team page 2016
3. Click on ‘Join the team’ next to the title ‘Team members’ and log in again.
4. Select the 2016 page you have just created (if you have more than one page) and then click the blue button ‘Join team’.
5. Send Barbara an email asking for the page to be accepted. (This should happen automatically but currently it isn’t for some reason.)
6. Either share your page’s web address or that of the IL team page where your own page can be selected for a donation to be placed.
If anyone wishes to donate to the team as a whole, a separate page for that purpose is already on the team page.
Further logistical information will become available as the departure date draws closer. Please keep an eye out for postings.